Guatemala

Let's use this blog to keep up with each other! Excited to be in Guatemala, but also missing everyone! Post whatever!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Pila


Just wanted to formally introduce you all to a Pila. A Pila is essentially a sink with three compartments: one for washing clothes, one to store water, and one to wash dishes. Just about every household in Guatemala has one and I´m looking forward to mine. They are made out of cement and plastic, but mostly everyone uses a cement one. My landlord is actually trying to buy me a plastic one, which I heard isn´t as functional, because he doesn´t want to carry a cement Pila. I told him I´d help and he looked at me like I was crazy. Look, if I´m going to live in Guatemala I want to live like everyone else, and if everyone else has a cement pila and says that the cement pila is better, well then that´s what I want.

2 Comments:

Blogger shereen said...

I LOVE PILAS!! They make so much sense!!

Miss ya hun!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Pegs said...

Jess ur too head strong, lol, there pilas are for many years your for only a year and change

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home