Guatemala

Let's use this blog to keep up with each other! Excited to be in Guatemala, but also missing everyone! Post whatever!

Monday, August 27, 2007

House Update




Here is my house thus far. I moved in August 5th, and have realized that the process of making it a home will be longer than expected... I just don´t have the money! But I am so excited to be cooking my own food! Tuna melts, pasta, and vegetable stir fry have been my main dishes thus far. Last night I finished cooking beans - 8 hours soaking and 3 to 4 hours cooking. It feels so good to finally have my own private space. I even feel like my relationship with my former host family is better because they´re not involved in my daily life. I can blast music, sing outloud, use electricity without feeling guilty, I can go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without having to go outside (scary!). Life is good, having me time in my own house means a lot!

2 Comments:

Blogger odingajohnson said...

hi it is odinga i am back home in washington DC and i find myself missing little things about guatemala but yea im loving the indoor bathroom i like what you have done to the place so keep me update

11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jess,
Just checking your blog and I'm glad to see you have a house! Sounds like you're doing well. Miss ya friend.
Amy

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home