Guatemala

Let's use this blog to keep up with each other! Excited to be in Guatemala, but also missing everyone! Post whatever!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dia del Nino at Tierra Blanca


The whole student body during Seno Yamilet's introduction.
Prizes!
Marcos and Herson race to finish their cokes.
Lixie and Erica race to finish bananas.
This is Jorge... we have a special relationship that involves me holding up a tissue while calling out his name, and him comingto have his nose blown. He then takes the tissue and throws it in the trash. Aside from being one of the dirtiest kids, he's also one of the cutest.
While I would say that Xecaxjoj put together a better dia del nino program, I have closer relationships with the children at Tierra Blanca, a smaller school, and tend to enjoy my time there more. The Tierra Blanca program involved some competitons (banana eating, soda drinking, and singing) for prizes and the teachers speaking about how much they cared for the children. The following are pictures of the program, and some of my favorite students. Who would've thought that I would bond with the pre-primaria (kindergarden) children?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home